Year-round-Gay Friendly Peru High-Lites
Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
10 days/9 nights | Available: Year-round
Departure: Daily, although we suggest starting on Wednesday or Thursday to enjoy the nightlife in Lima and Cusco.
- 9 Nights Accommodation
- Entrance Tickets
- Train to Machu Picchu on Vistadome service
*as mentioned on the itinerary
To end this adventure in style, we have two suggestions to spend your last night in Peru:
Party night: According the day, you can have a drink or“piqueo” at the most finest bars in Lima or have a crazy fun at the biggest gay disco in town.
Romantic Dinner at La Rosa Nautica: If you prefer to end this trip in a more intimate way, this is for you: a fancy and romantic dinner at La Rosa Nautica, a restaurant located on a pier overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Lima – City of Kings – and a few queens! We’ve created a great package for those looking for something different; a fun and complete trip. A combination of cultural, archaeological, culinary and experiential activities make of this program an alternative way to discover the best kept secrets of Lima and Cusco, like the bohemian neighborhood of Barranco in the capital, or the artisan’s village of Chinchero in the Sacred Valley.
Travelers frequently treat Lima, located on a coast overlooking the Pacific Ocean, as a layover on their way to the Andes or Iquitos, the Peruvian jungle where visitors are greeted with open arms. For gay visitors the incentive to pass it over was even greater: For years Lima was beset by crime, sometimes brutal anti-gay discrimination and antiquated notions of homosexuality.
All that, however, is starting to change, if at a somewhat slower pace than the other large Latin America cities-- Mexico City, São Paulo, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, all of which in varying degrees have experienced queer awakening of sorts. The city recently enjoyed its first gay pride event, and activists are plotting change. Lima is a fascinating, diverse city of nearly 10 million.
Gay nightlife, a cluster of bars, clubs and sex clubs, is based in the distrito de Linces, cab it there and back to your gay-friendly neighborhood hotel. Peruvian gay men are extremely friendly, and eager to show visitors around town.
History, culture & art:
- Lima City Tour: A walk along the old historical center of Lima, one of the largest and best preserved in the continent
- Visit to the Larco Museum and its private collection of pre-Hispanic pottery
- Cusco City Tour: A visit to its historic downtown
- Visit to Huaro church, famous for its impressive mural painting
- Visit to Moray, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo villages
- Peruvian “Paso” horse exhibition
- Visit to a local Andean community: weaving and ethnobotany workshop
- Visit to Pachacamac, the most important pre-Hispanic Oracle
- Visit to the archaeological park of Sacsayhuaman
- Visit to the Moray terraces, an experimental facility for crops
- Full day in Machu Picchu, one of the World’s New Seven Wonders
Gastronomy and Nightlife:
- Artcrafts, souvenirs and textiles shopping in Barranco, Awanakancha, Pisaq Market, the Amaru Andean community and the Seminario Pottery workshop
Rainbow “RAYS OF HOPE” Donation Program
WE BELIEVE IN COMMUNITY - As part of our ongoing commitment to community growth, Rainbow High Vacations supports quality of life improvements for LGBT people. We sponsor teams, offer travel-based fundraising programs, and forward donations to organizations on your behalf. (A receipt for tax purposes may be supplied, depending on the organization you choose).
BOOK NOW with Rainbow High Vacations or contact your local Travel Agent!
|Coming Out Peru||9 Nights|